Let’s setup communication.
1. Login to Sports Engine with your household credentials. (Likely the username and password you used when you registered for club volleyball.)
2. Navigate to your home page “My SportsEngine” by clicking on your initials in the upper right corner of the page, and selecting “My SportsEngine”.
3. In the left margin, click “Household”.
4. Under Ace Volleyball Academy, make sure that both parent and athlete have their email and phone number entered. *Note, after you update, the changes may not be visible. If you want to see your changes, you can click Home and then come back to Household and you should see the update.
5. Navigate to the “Settings” tab in the left margin. Find the settings for Ace Volleyball Academy and choose the method you’d like to receive communication by clicking email and/or phone for both parent and athlete. If you want text message reminders when you get a message, be sure to have a phone number. Make sure to have good contact information for the athlete portion, because coaches will look for the athletes name when they send messages.
Great! Technically - You’re all set. Watch the video to see how to change your communication settings. Next, we’ll take a look at the features of the mobile app and desktop team center.
You can do essentially the same thing online that you can do in the app, use whichever method suits you.
Using the app:
After downloading, login using the same credentials as before (the username/password you used to register for club.) - You likely won’t need to re-enter this information. Once you’ve downloaded the app and signed in, you’ll stay signed in.
The Bottom Menu: 4 Navigation Choices
This is where the app opens. You are shown a list of teams you’ve been rostered to. You can click the team for additional information like schedules and messaging.
Primarily, the schedule will be used for practices and tournament dates, not as much for individual game times. This is a good place to check if your schedule changes/rotates. (Also nifty if you have multiple athletes in your household participating at the same time).
This is where you will find a list of your team chats. You will likely have one team chat going.
This section lists your household and allows you to make changes to your contact information.
You can receive a notification on your phone when you get a chat message, event information, or media posts. To manage notifications in the app, click “Account”. Then use the settings button in the top right. From there, you’ll see Notification Settings.
Not receiving phone notifications?
Have you checked your phone preferences? Sports Engine, like any other app, needs permission to send you notifications. You can change these preferences in your phone’s settings.
Please email me if you have any questions about setup.